Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I'm Thankful For This Year

....real moments. I have had so many real moments this year. Moments where I Felt like I was truly standing with human beings. I've always just wanted to be around human beings.

I'm thankful for real moments. I'm thankful for every real moment in my life I feel I've had this year. Real moments. Real moments I think about still..
Real moments like...

I'm thankful I lived in Franklin Street with Justin Hunt.

I'm thankful I went to George's Birthday Party.

I'm thankful I spent my last days in Old Bridge on the dirt road with John Murphy. I'm thankful he is my friend and he listened as I talked that night on the jungle gym.

I'm thankful Lori wrote me that letter before I left,and I shuffled it in my fingers on the plane ride over.

I'm thankful I drank wine with Nick Caliendo and Becca Nevins in front of an old church in London, England.

I'm thankful I talked with Kristina in front of Dickson the weekend before I left.

As far as my new friends...

I'm thankful that Kelly took the time to listen to me talk about being homesick and missing my friends that late night in October, she made London feel more like home and may be the sweetest and most genuine person I have ever met. I'm thankful I met someone who truly deserves to be happy every single day, because she makes everyone else happy when she walks into a room.

I'm thankful I went to watch the sunrise over the Thames with Kate, a girl more beautiful and fascinating than the very sunrise I was racing to see, and I'll always be thankful she hung a drawing on my wall and gave me a fuzzy blanket. None of these things I felt like I deserved. I'm thankful she lost her keys.

I'm thankful Jo stayed up that night till 8:30am...at 8:30pm we were two guys hanging out and by 8:30am we were real friends. In getting to know him personally I got to know myself a lot better as well. I'm thankful we understand each other. I'm thankful he can sing tener.

I'm thankful Daria and I can't sleep, if we slept I don't think I'd have as a close a friend. I'm thankful we couldn't sleep in Paris when everyone else did and I'm thankful we still can't sleep now. I'm thankful she always made me feel good to be myself, even when I put myself down. I'm thankful she trusts me.

I'm thankful I had Chris there to share my appetite in everything good and tasty in this world, and deep down he is someone who will never judge you for who you actually are, and will always like you for who you really are and recognize it as well, . I don't mind being myself in front of him for that reason....even if it might irritate him sometimes ;).

I'm thankful I got to drink Guinness with Emily in Dublin, and meet someone who lives so far away from my home, but I felt like I'd known her my entire life. I'm thankful I met someone I missed before I even had the chance to meet them.

...and back at home
I'm thankful for all of my crew back in Old Bridge that called me, and facebooked me, and told me to come home, because they missed me. If only they knew how much I missed them too.

I'm thankful Meg has a screen name and IMs me late at night.

I'm thankful Kyle Millman quit his job.

I'm thankful Dan D and Gerry skyped me so much. I loved our skype sessions.

I'm thankful for Noistradamus still playing while I'm 5,000 miles away.

I'm Thankful for Nick's porch. All of it.

I'm thankful Bryan did this first.

I'm thankful Bryan asked me if I was Ok in August. I've been OK since that conversation.

I'm thankful Dan V. answers when I call him even if he's in class.

I'm thankful Gerry and Lori bought me my first beer on my real 21st birthday.

I'm thankful Gerry will drink coffee with me until I die.

After living in London, I thankful Dan D gets to study in Boston.

I'm thankful that Melissa is with Stan and is happy.

I'm thankful that in Amsterdam I thought about Ramy, not because of the weed, but because the constellations were clear that night.

I'm thankful Nine and Kerry know they're not birds.

I'm thankful people comment on these blogs....Lori, Meg, Dan, Tommy, it's amazing too have people so interested in what I have to say. Thanks for keeping me motivated to write this stuff down. Thanks for cheering me on.

I'm thankful for the basket of muffins I didn't eat that my family sent me. I'm more thankful for the card that was attached that simply said " Happy Thanksgiving Enjoy and Share with Your Friends".

I'm thankful that on December 12th I'll be coming home and driving my car knowing that, if I wanted to, I could get around on a train system on the other side of the world.

I'm thankful for every person who has been there for me during this weird, weird year.

Cheers.
Happy Thanksgiving
Andrew

1 comment:

  1. our friendship is entirely based on lack of sleep(icried), thank you.

    ReplyDelete