Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Winding Down

You find a wave and than you ride it until it crashes...not a wave, part of the ocean?

Saturday I went out for Becca's birthday. It was her 21st. I felt a little bad because if we were in Old Bridge she would have had the full "Old Bridge 21st" effect including me being myself and screaming at the top of my lungs,singing songs with Murphy and buying everyone drinks,Nick too drunk to form sentences with drool pouring out of his mouth, Greg sitting by an i-pod later that night when we leave the bar singing Straylight Run songs at the top of his lungs until 6am...and of course the few of us who will make it until 8am when the gin is gone, as we look at each other and go out for that last cigarette before the morning steals our night from under us.

She said she missed Old Bridge, I agreed with her. I think she had fun though. We went to a lot of crazy dance clubs in Shoreditch with her flatmates. The DJ was this wildly African looking girl who would just scream nonsense into the microphone and play crazy alien music. I took some shots and danced badly. Her friends are all really nice people, I was happy to hang with them. I'm going to have Becca meet my friends here soon, and show her how we do it in Deptford.

After her party we went back to her flat and talked about everything. Living here, being here, Europe, Old Bridge, I told her about my problems (problems in England?), I told her how she needs to embrace every single second she is here, because, our lives at home will definitely be there when we get back. No doubt about it.I try not to let a single second pass by here without reflecting on how different it was from the seconds at home.

I left with a lot to consider, it was pouring, I tried to be responsible and leave at 2am, but I didn't get back until 4:30am because of London's reliable night buses. I got to sleep at 5, and woke up at 7 to go to Windsor Castle. This is where the Queen usually lives.

Windsor Castle was actually a lot of fun. The Castle was enormous and so interesting to look at. It is a real legit Medieval castle. I mean really, this was a castle. I don't even know how to describe it. We toured the staterooms, lots of art and gold and furniture and history to look at. The usual grind. I loved it. We saw a bed Napoleon slept in while visiting and I wanted to jump in it.
These towns that surround these old castles and stuff are so beautiful, I would love to live in Oxford, or Bath, or Windsor. It's so nice there, so peaceful.

I tried to steal my audio guide but the alarm went off.

We went to a pub and for some reason I had Fish and Chips and a really terrible beer. Oh and I had a Steak and Ale Pasty for breakfast, but I've been trying to eat healthy this week.
Ha.Ha.

Kate, Daria, and I skipped the tour and we walked around Windsor, making jokes and having fun. I felt like myself. They went shopping and I leaned against a wall for an hour and a half and tried to think about nothing.

This week has been good. Monday we had Mexican Monday. Tuesday I saw "Billy Elliot" which I have to say was the best musical I have ever seen in my entire life. I am definitely going to see it on Broadway when I get back to the states. This kid was so talented I wanted to vomit. I liked it way more than La Cage Aux Faux, but that show was good too. I've seen so many shows.

I'm trying to read books again, I failed all semester to read. It's ok though, I have next semester to read.

I think we're booking a weekend trip to Spain. Hey, when in Europe. I need to still book Liverpool, go to platform 9 3/4 (they went without me so now I have to do a solo journey there), see a football game, go to Brighton, go to Stratford upon Avon, and go to Arsenal.

Other than that, I think I might be ready for New Jersey.

I Can't stop thinking about Noistradamus. Can't stop listening to my rough basement cut of "I'll be on the Opposite Side of this Soon",a title I came up with at six in the morning with Nick, staring drunk out into the Atlantic,scared for the next 3 months of my life.

It's useless to keep going over all the other stuff in my head, running on empty, clinging to scraps of October.

Ready to see my friends again. I'm ready to get in my car and drive to Nick's house, see everyone on the porch, comfortable and easy, what we're all searching for when we leave behind what we always needed. Comfortable and Easy. I miss everyone. Lori and Murphy called me while I was sleeping the other night and I was really upset when I woke up that I was too disoriented to properly talk to them. I wish I wasn't sleeping. Lori is the biggest fan of this universe I've created, it's nice to know people have faith in you.


I miss Dan Jeff and Nick. I listen to Noistradamus and think about how pathetic/lucky it is that a "musician" like me gets to play with geniuses like them. Minor Differences in Identical People. Can't wait to go live with them again.

I'm not a writer because I write blogs or stupid Facebook notes.

I got started on Season six of The Office finally, it's fantastic I sit in my room LOLing.

Sunday, me and my friends Zack and Kyle are waking up at 8am and drinking uncontrollably. Kegs and Eggs. Wish me luck.

Cheers-
They'll be more detailed blogs coming soon.
Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment